WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2018
5:30 - 7:30 pm
Reception at Leddy Maytum Stacy
677 Harrison Street, San Francisco
THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2018
Welcome, Review Schedule
Design Professionals as Active Agents of Change
How can architects and other design professionals influence policy, project delivery, urban planning and sustainability?
- Guy Geier, Managing Partner, FXCollaborative
- Bryan Lee, Founder/Director, Colloqate Design
- Christiana Moss, Principal, Studio Ma
Report on research conducted by Cameron MacAllister Group for Design Colloquium attendees followed by open forum.
Presented by Scott Lelieur, Lake|Flato and Mark Cameron.
- Jenna Knudsen, CO Architects
- Katy Faix & Zander Sivyer, Holmes Structures
Remarks by Sponsors
- Fox Rothschild
- Portnoy Consulting
Exploring the Future for Architects, Engineers and Designers
- Randy Deutsch, Professor of Architecture, Univ. of Illinois Champaign-Urbana (and author of Convergence: The Redesign of Design)
- Craig Curtis, President of Katerra Architects
- Luis Jaggy, Design Researcher, Woods Bagot SuperSpace
Open Forum discussion
Walking break to Heritage Center
Walking tour of Presidio Park Tunnel Tops
Michael Boland, Chief of Park Development / Operations and staff
Cocktails and lite bites at The Commissary on Presidio's Main Post
FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2018
- Paul Mankins, Substance Architecture
- Darryl Condon, HCMA Architecture + Design
Design Charrette – The Firm of the Future
If you were to design a firm from scratch, what would it be like?
- What skills and competencies would you need?
- What mix of staff?
- What services to be provided?
- What value would it give to the customer?
- Where does the funding come from?
- Where is it located? A single location? Virtual?
Advisory Board and Cameron MacAllister Group will be facilitating
Reports of breakout groups and facilitated discussion