AIA CES Learning Objectives
Session 1 (3 LUs)
- Understand the current state of affairs in the U.S. related to support for sustainability goals.
- Learn how to advance sustainability and resiliency in their own firms.
- Understand how Design-First firms characterize leadership, and how it's different than many other 'mainstream' firms.
- Learn the secrets to effective ownership and leadership succession.
Session 2 (3 LUs)
- Learn how some Design-First firms have overcome constraints imposed by integrated design and delivery structures, to make projects successful.
- Learn from the owners’ perspective what they want to get from their design/construction teams in these integrated projects.
- Learn what to avoid in integrated project delivery structures, to protect the quality of the project.
- Understand how leaders of Design-First firms appeal to potential clients in the ways they talk about their firms.
Session 3 (3 LUs)
- Learn what other, leading design professionals are doing to increase their impact in the world (beyond projects).
- Learn what the AIA 2017 Firm of the Year recipient did to build an entire practice around work for mission-driven clients.
- Explore what they can do within their own firms to broaden their impact in the world.
- Learn what other firms are doing to attract and keep quality design talent.